gave a talk at the annual Linux Users and Developers Conference (Devconf 2016) in Brno, Czech Republic on Trystack.org: architecture, operations insights, tooling, automation and what it takes to run a large, public OpenStack cloud for the general public.
- 2016-02-07, Sunday: 14:50 to 15:30
- c. D0207 (90 seats)
- FIT VUT, Božetěchova 1/2, Brno, Czech Republic
The OpenStack Foundation and several generous corporate sponsors (including Red Hat, Dell, Cisco, and NetApp) have deployed TryStack.org, a free way for folks to learn more about OpenStack and it’s capabilities. TryStack is a public, production OpenStack instance and the maintainers have learned a great deal about maintenance, upgrades, automation and gotchas around running a large public cloud on RDO OpenStack and RHEL.
· The history of Trystack
· Give insight into deployment architecture and underlying components
· Demonstration of the various capabilities of TryStack
· Overview and sharing of post-deployment ops tooling and automation
· Talk about the roadmap of how TryStack is evolving with OpenStack
You will leave this session with lots of free OpenStack and a greater
appreciation for what it takes to maintain a frequently upgraded OpenStack
deployment utilized by the general public.
To make things more interesting (and the fact I’ve acquired the gift of a monkey suit from someone) if 16+ people retweeted me I’d don an ops monkey suit for this talk. That has happened:
- Github: Trystack management tools
- Github: Trystack monitoring tools
- Github: Trystack graphing/metrics tooling
To clone and contribute to these repos:
git clone https://github.com/trystack/trystack-utils
git clone https://github.com/trystack/trystack-collectd
Slides with Audio
OpenStack Live Demo with Humans
This was probably the most enjoyable talk I’ve ever had the pleasure of giving – such an awesome audience and great feedback. We had so much fun!